With 93% of all online experiences beginning with a search engine and more than half of all internet usage taking place on a mobile device, digital media is an essential tool in 2018 and beyond. Here are five trends that should become tactics:
- Google My Business is one of today’s most important social media tools by enabling potential customers to find your business. It’s free and easy to use.
- Facebook still reigns as the #1 social media platform, but watch for ongoing changes. Its recently introduced new ‘more meaningful’ news feed means more friends and fewer brands. To reach the masses, you must pay. The good news is that even a small budget can be quite effective.
- Video continues to gain momentum. Social video generates 1,200% (yes, twelve hundred percent) more shares than text and images combined. YouTube is the new go-to for ‘how to.’ A video does not have to be professionally produced to be effective. Native video uploads to Facebook have a 10x higher reach compared to shared YouTube links.
- Audio is alive and well. Internet radio is booming with an estimated 140 million listeners per month. Spotify is pulling ahead while Pandora stalls. You may also want to consider podcasting, a digital medium built on the power of conversation.
- Authenticity. Regardless of the scale or size of your organization, or whether you utilize digital or traditional media, authenticity cannot be ignored. Trust between business and consumers hit an all-time low in 2017. Authenticity is the set of core beliefs that drive the brand and the activity. To thine own self, be true.
Denise Blackburn-Gay, APR is President and CEO of Marketing Strategies, Inc. For over 20 years, this South Carolina based agency has been helping businesses determine PR strategy and implement tactics to build their brand and maintain a competitive edge.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 843-692-9662.